Tuesday 2 February 2010

The ten drummers that I have been influenced by most:
1. Dave Grohl - Nirvana drummer, I learnt every track off the nevermind album with my friends in our school band. Here he is playing with Nirvana
2. Jose Pasillas - Incubus drummer, They are the band I have listened most to in my life and he has a great groove. Here he is playing Wish you were here
3. Mitch Mitchell - Jimi Hendrix Experience, Another favourite of our school band. Purple Haze and Fire were our favourite tracks. He was ahead of his time. Here he is soloing
4. Carter Beauford - Dave Matthews band, Probably my favourite drummer at the present time. Great groove and hi- hat/cymbal work. Here he is playing on his Dvd 'Under the table and drumming'
5. Dave Mattacks - My Parents used to take me to see a folk band called Fairport Convention when I was young. He would play perfectly for the songs. I like this solo, not over complicated but musical
6. Chad Smith - One of my favourite bands growing up, great ghost notes. Drum Clinic performance.
7. Greg Bissonette - I have seen Greg Bissonette at a few drum clinics and have his DVD. I like that his philosophy is to dip into every style. Here he is soloing
8. Gary Chaffee - I'm working through a book by Gary Chaffee called Time functioning patterns. Best practise method book I've seen. Here he is
9. Travis Barker - Nearly forgot about this guy. I like his rudimental style that he makes really funky with Box car Racer. There is by box Car Racer
10. Elvin Jones - Just for a Jazz influence. Elvin Jones withJohn Coltrane