Saturday 24 January 2009

We had our first ignite band get together of 2009 last monday. This included everyone involved in the two ignite bands already established and a few extra key people that will be involved in a third band.
We started a series of devotions inspired by one of Nigel James' books (Ignite founder and Third day road pastor) called 7 ways to Ignite your Life. The first topic that we talked about was listening to the voice of God. I was challenged to reassess the time I spend with God, to think about how long I actually spend listening rather than completing a task such as reading a scripture, praying through a prayer list or reading a spiritual book. All of these are fantastic, and God speaks to us through this, but I know I am a task orientated person. I'm always focussed on completing a task and then moving onto the next one. Sometimes listening to God can take us stopping from our schedule and just really allowing God to speak, rather than us trying to speed up the process by doing a quick fix devotion.