The school holidays 2009 are nearly at their completion. I'm enjoying a few more restful days before going back to school. Here are some of the highlights.
1. Painting and decorating the babies room. Our first baby is due in a few weeks, the room now has my dad's Cot taking center stage. I love walking in there and imagining what life is going to be like!
2. A week aboard the Maylee (my parents boat on the Kenet and Avon canal). It's always a highlight of the year, I've now also dicovered that the local pub do a great beef stew and dumplings... looking forward to the next time already. We also caught up with many friends, as they came to visit over the week, and I went Canoeing!
3. Cardiff Carnival was a new experience and the first outing for the drumming solutions samba band. We played on St Mary's street Cardiff for a while. There were some fantastic samba bands there!
4. Wedi 7 with Gruff Rees. We played on S4C's equivalent of the one show at National Botanical Gardens. I've never played balanced on a Rock Garden before.
5. Drumming solutions workshops... we've been kept busy providing drumming workshops in the RCT area over the summer, long may it continue.
6. The U2 concert at the Millenium stadium was incredible. The best put together show I've seen, when you take into account the organised way that the band and crew kept every one fully entertained for 2.5 hours.
Thursday, 27 August 2009
Monday, 3 August 2009
We had a great week on the kenet and avon canal last week. Great to spend some time with friends, eat some lovely food (highlight being the best beef stew and dumplings ever, Lock in Cafe, Bradford on Avon) and remember how to operate the Maylee all over again. I love it, but everytime we come home I'm ready to come home, but when I get home I want to go back!
We played at the cardiff Carnival this week, a first outing for the drumming solutions samba band! Photo attached. I also get to record with Gruff Rees (www.myspace.com/gruffress) for a programme called wedi7 on thursday. Thankyou Lord for the variety of life.